With a tip of the Shades to peter King (and a healthy dose of lack of originality thrown in for good measure), I bring you “10 Thunks I Thunk I Thunk or Thereabouts”
- This may have been the first weekend since we bought it at the school auction that we didn’t use the hot dog grilling machine for dinner one night.
- We finally joined the 21st century. We got TIVO on Saturday and my iPad comes tomorrow. We have come a long way from 3 part memos & rotary dial phones.
- Blackhawks vs Flyers does a lot less for me than Blackhawks vs Canadiens would have. Dustin Byfuglien is on the roll of a lifetime right now.
- As golf becomes personally less important to me, it becomes more important in the world surrounding me.
- I really need my garden to get back to it’s Summer of 2008 levels. I am working too hard at it to see it fail again. I really need to harvest handfuls of nasty habaneros.
- LOST is over. The fringe storylines that drove the middle of the story went mostly unanswered in the end. In the grand scheme things, they didn’t matter after all.
- Java Monster Chai Hai Tea may be my favorite energy drink of all time.
- How many “journalists” will be willing to “do the crime” to “get the time” in the lockup with Lindsay Lohan once she gets sent up the river ?
- One of these days I am going to finish the book I have been writing. I am also going to finish the book I am reading before then too.
- I wish I could wiggle my nose and make the hands on the clock spin like a top. 5pm just can’t get here soon enough.
- Baseball has played how many games ? They have how many more to play ? Can you tell I don’t care ?
- I love seeing the judges from CHOPPED show up on other cooking competitions & fail. Just desserts I say.
- Nothing interesting ever happens in the windows of the building across the street from my office.
- So much for a private school education, I still haven’t learned how to count to 10.
And that is the view for now from Behind The Shades…swampy abides